ADVERTISEMENT

QB talent on the roster

I would expect that PJ Walker would be in a quarterback battle in the off-season, but at the same time do we have anyone that could even challenge him? Is Logan Marchi going to be any good? Ihe was a two star player and is still only 6'1". don't expect Nutile to be ready until he's about a junior based on ACL reconstruction and lack of experience. His high school stats and film never really impressed me anyways. In that recruiting class Ohio, Akron, Tulane, western Michigan, Buffalo Memphis Cincinnati Tulsa, and Old Dominion all recruited higher rated quarterbacks than him. As much as I would like to see a strong showing from DiGiorgio next year, him making a push to be a starter as a walk on shows that our scholarship quarterbacks are not the caliber that we need. Lenny Williams is a dual threat quarterback but at 5'10" I'm not sure if he would have much more successful than PJ.

Hurry up-No huddle offense

The "Hurry Up-No Huddle Offense" is anything but that. With the constant stopping and dog staring at the side line I see no advantage whatsoever with this offensive strategy. For the life of me I can not see or detect one edge it gives us, other than allowing the defense to get plenty of time to set up for the next down.

It seems it takes our offense almost the full 35 seconds before getting a play off.

I think we would be better served going back to a huddle.

GO OWLS!!!

This post was edited on 11/16 9:53 AM by coolhandred

Anthony Davis

More unfortunate news on the injury front for Temple.

Freshman cornerback Anthony Davis tore his ACL in practice last week prior to the Penn State game and will need season-ending surgery.

Davis, who chose Temple over a number of high-major programs like Pitt, Penn State and West Virginia, had six tackles and two pass breakups this season.

Bowl Scenario 2

As of today, there will be 71 eligible teams with 2 of those being an extra mac team and an extra CUSA team. Those 2 would be above their bowl tie ins. So you can call it 69 teams for 76 spots.

There are 10 still possible to be eligible. In those 11, 2 are sun belt, 1 cusa and we are the one from aac.
If we win 1 more, I would say we are 99% playing a bowl game.

Root for Miami Canes to win. Against Texas. Against UAB. Against michigan. Against Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee and USC. Also against Pitt and UVa

I will look into possibilities of destinations this week.

Come back in off the ledge...

I know there's a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth around here, but some things to remember:

Penn State (aka Cow College), has one of the best run defenses in the country. We have a patchwork offensive line with only Dawkins and Friend very good college players. They did exactly what would be expected: Shut our run game down and allow them to pin their ears back and blitz P.J. all afternoon.

I think we're all disappointed that after the ECU and Memphis games where P.J. showed progress in not forcing passes, he seems to have lost some composure. Keep in mind, the kid is 19, he's playing in front of probably the biggest crowd of his life, and he's probably frustrated with the amazing amount of drops. He can make all the throws, he responds to coaching (passing both left and right), and he's a bright kid. He'll continue to progress.

Our defense is MUCH improved from last year with good depth in the secondary and a solid rotation on the DL. We pretty well hung in against a big talented OL. Our reported lack of speed wasn't a major factor. Sean Chandler appears to be the next rising star.

We've got two games where we have a shot to win in Cincy and Tulane, and a bye week to put this in the rear view mirror and hopefully heal up Jalen, Pretlow and Kenny. We're in mid November and playing for Bowl Eligibility whereas last year we'd won ONE game at this point.

We have the second youngest 2 deep in the country, and we're not graduating any key players.

Yeah, it sucks to loose to a Cow College and their smug, self righteous fans. But we're a program on the rise and a couple of years more of Rhule bringing in his players, and times like these will be a memory.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT