ADVERTISEMENT

Update

John Di Carlo

OwlScoop.com Editor
Oct 1, 2001
I would imagine at this point that we'll know something soon about the future direction of the Temple basketball program.

If a change is made, it does look like Aaron McKie could emerge as a viable candidate as Fran Dunphy's replacement, potentially as a coach-in-waiting after the 2018-19 season, or as an immediate replacement. So if Temple President Richard Englert does feel moved to make a change based upon the outpouring of feedback from fans and advisers alike, I do believe the first call will go to McKie, who of course has served as an assistant coach with the Owls over the last four seasons following a six-year tenure as a 76ers assistant, a 13-year NBA career, and his playing days in North Philadelphia at Simon Gratz High School and then Temple.

Now, keep in mind that if that scenario plays itself out, Temple's negotiating in and out - a buyout for Fran Dunphy and then a new contract for McKie, so I could see where that would maybe push things into next week.

It does look like the president is taking fans' feedback into consideration as he weighs his decision, as some of you have shared through your own stories of returned phone calls and emails from the president himself.

And again, if a change is made, McKie's name will likely be the first to come up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News