ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts upon the film review...

Tannhauser

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
South Hawthorne area of South Philadelphia
Phil Snow called an incredible game. 4-3, 3-4, Safety Blitz, Delayed Blitz, Ioannidis lining up outside, Taylor inside, stunting on every play. The play where we gave up the long touchdown run, Julian Taylor was injured and unable to cut across the Center to fill the gap. Mind bogglingly complex.

Although Coach Rhule correctly pointed out that the ten sacks were misleading, since a few came in the closing minutes, Snow created constant pressure forcing several errant throws.

Also interesting were the rotations. Obviously, the DL was heavily rotated, but the starting back seven seemed to be out there 90% of the time (Will Hayes, of course was out for a little while with an injury on that kick off).

On the OL, RT Leon Johnson really caught my eye – he did a great job sealing off the edge, firing out to the second level when his double team was secured and played through the end of the whistle. The Sack Walker took where he fumbled was completely the fault of Kip Patton, who, all things considered, had a pretty good game. Post injury he was getting driven back, before being replaced by Lofton at the very end, so it’ll be interesting to see if he bounces back. Johnson is still susceptible to an outside speed rush, but with the TE sets we have, that shouldn’t be too common.

How many times did you hear Anthony Zettle’s name called? Kyle Friend not only took his lunch money, but stole his girlfriend at half time.

P.J. Walker was as impressive as could be. Not only did he show fantastic speed, beautiful touch, and patience, but what was most important was that he staved off any frustration during the first 27 plus minutes of the game, and there were a lot of disturbing omens. Kid was totally unrattled.

Ventell Bryant had some real moments but after the alligator arm incident on third down, I didn’t see him on the regular offense unit (he was on the punt return unit)

Alex Starzyk had a tremendous game, really changing the field position. Sharif Finch on several occasions came within a hair of blocking a kick. Given this, I’d really like to see more pressure on the punter and less on the return.

Of the youngsters, Delvon Randall got some time as did Freddy Booth-Lloyd and Michael Dogbe. Un-seen was Karim Ali, which surprised me for one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News