ADVERTISEMENT

THE SOPHOMORES

freemzy

Oct 3, 2001
I know I’m not breaking new ground here or reinventing the wheel, and I know that I’m stating the obvious, but I really like our four sophomores.

Nate Pierre-Louis had 7 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal in 36 minutes Saturday night. J.P. Moorman has 9 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocked shots in 24 minutes, Dre Perry had 9 points and 4 rebounds in 19 minutes, and Justyn Hamilton had 6 points and 4 rebounds in 11 minutes. Moorman was 4-for-6 from the field, and Hamilton was 3-for-4 from the field.

All of these guys are growing every day. I really see Perry gaining confidence and shooting better. Both Perry and Moorman are 6-7 strong bodies, and both can get even stronger in the weight room. Both can bang inside, but both have surprisingly sweet touches from the outside.

NPL doesn’t have a pretty shot, but it’s been a long time since I liked a player as much as I like him. That kid is relentless. And Hamilton has so much ability. Even my older brother, who grew up an Owls fan but isn’t as devoted to the program these days, raved about Hamilton last night. He kept asking me, “who is No. 21?” Like everyone else says, my brother said the kid just needs to get stronger. I would like to see Hamilton continue to get more time. You can’t diss Ernest, and Damion Moore has been more than serviceable this season, so I don’t want to penalize either of them by taking court time away, but Hamilton should play more, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News