ADVERTISEMENT

Some Thoughts.......

ccoyer

Gold Member
Oct 7, 2007
Okay, so this really sucks. Let's break it down.

1. It seemed like the first Nova game in the Collins era because the staff clearly didn't know what they were into. I think they thought this was the Gators vs Bethune Cookman. I don't think most of this staff understood what this game is. The offensive game plan was very vanilla from start to end. Defensively, I think I counted 3 blitz packages all day, and the pass coverages were very base vanilla. Easy to see pre-snap.

2. Offense: First half, we kept running bash which is an option play, but Frankie kept handing it off when the read was to keep. Bad news - he can't run. Second half he kept more as a halftime adjustment but we never took advantage of the Nova defensive adjustment to Frank keeping.

Frank has never had such a slow release as what we saw today. It was painful to watch. But the passing game plan didn't exactly help him. There were multiple situations where our passing routes were feeding right into the Nova defense.

3. To be honest, the front four played really well. I like them. They were, by far, the shining star of the defense today. Maybe like 6 of them??

4. Our LBs sucked today. There was no downhill playing by them. Very soft and tentative. It was easy for Nova to pick up 4-6 yds carry against our LBs. It was embarrassing. The front four set them up but the LBs were AWOL.

5. Safeties were non-existent on run defense on the edges. I don't know what they were thinking, but they were extremely tentative and slow to come up to help. No mayhem that I saw......

6. Rock Ya-Sin needs to start and play. He was never beaten or out of position that I saw. But he was playing second fiddle to someone else on the left corner. We played a lot of press coverage on the corners, but it was fluff for the most part. With the exception of Ya-Sin, the corners were worthless on both pass and run support.

7. How can the #2 receivers from the outside for NOVA consistently get that open in the flats every time they needed some yards?

8. Considering the overall play and effort today, missing a chip shot FG to win the game was poetic justice. NOVA should have won today.

In short, we got what we deserved today. Team loss. Got our ass kicked.

The team will rebound and have a pretty good year in the end. But I question their mental preparation for this game, what the hell August was all about in practice, and I particularly question the player leadership on this team. This effort should never happen. Every game is precious from a player perspective but you would have a difficult time convincing me of that after today.

Did anyone see any bouncing around on the sidelines before or during that game???

PSU lost to Appalachian St. I think PSU and TU must have been on the same page.

#noenergynoteamcharacter

Just my thoughts. I was disappointed in the effort. If you're going to lose, lose valiantly, spending it all. This was more like a little school girl getting pushed around by playground bitches.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News