ADVERTISEMENT

Huge week for the AAC

scottrell25

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2009
Its been mentioned a few times on other threads but I thought it was worth its own thread. This is a major week for the AAC. The majority of the games thus far have been obvious. Nobody expected Memphis or Houston to lose up until this week. By AAC standards, this is a pretty important week:

Cincy - Houston: Cincy needs this to keep any hope of catching up to us in the division. Houston obviously has its own problems in keeping up with Navy and Memphis. I think a desperate, nothing to lose Cincy team pulls this one out over a Houston squad that might be playing a little nervous with their ranking and trying to keep up.

Navy - Memphis: Obviously two of the heavy weights in the other division. Navy is not getting enough credit nationally b/c they lost to ND but they are a legit squad who will give a weak Memphis d fits. If they can get a lead early and keep pounding on that Memphis defense I think they have a real shot to win this. The key for them will be not letting Memphis score quick. Gotta make them work and run down the clock with each of their drives. I think Memphis pulls this one out though.

USF - ECU: Maybe the most understated matchup of the week but I know I will be paying attention to this one as USF is next in line for us. But also they have looked like a tough squad so far and have been a bit of a surprise. Their defense has some really talented players. They had a few bad losses on their record but have played tough teams. Played Memphis to within one touchdown. To me, these two teams are both squarely in the middle of the pack as far as AAC talent goes but if USF can go out and lay the hammer to ECU, I think they can really elevate their status in the conference and will give them some extra confidence coming into the Temple game. I got USF pulling this one out in a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News