ADVERTISEMENT

Temple Football Scholarship Board

Kyle Gauss

Assistant Editor
Staff
May 28, 2009
Here's the current Temple football scholarship board. Couple of notes in regards to what might be the weirdest recruiting cycle of all time.

1. The most important note is that I'm not currently counting 2020 seniors that decided to come back against the scholarship count. The NCAA is expected to allow programs to not count these players. For example, Amir Tyler is most certainly on scholarship but he won't count against Temple's 85 scholarship limit in 2021. So despite Temple currently having 13 scholarship seniors, I'm only counting two (Ra'Von Bonner and Will Rodgers) toward the scholarship total. To be honest, I'm kind of guessing at this as the NCAA hasn't provided anything definitive on this manner. It's definitely possible that Bonner and Rodgers won't count toward the 85 limit either, at which point Temple would have two more scholarships to play around with.

2. None of the players that played in 2020 "progressed" to the next class on the scholarship table. For example, MJ Griffin played in six games in 2020 but is still considered a redshirt-freshman in 2020 despite it being his third year in the program.. Alex Odom is considered a true freshman despite playing in seven games in 2020 and making multiple starts. Basically, pretend 2020 didn't exist from a scholarship/class standpoint. This will likely become a stickier situation down the line but for now I'm going off of what the NCAA views the players as, eligibility wise.

3. You'll notice that some signed freshmen do not carry the "Has yet to enroll" distinction on the chart. That's because these players currently show up as students in Temple's student directory. Once they show up in the directory, I mark them as enrolled.

4. This is still very, very fluid. There are still a couple of players that we're monitoring but as of today, January 4, there are no Temple players currently on this chart that we're aware of that are definitely leaving. As we've seen over the last few weeks, however, that can change at the drop of a dime. For example, I held off on publishing this list as we were 99 percent sure that Branden Mack was going pro but it had not been announced yet. As always, we'll update the chart as we get more info.

With all that in mind, here's where Temple is at.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News