ADVERTISEMENT

Latest bowl and football scoop

John Di Carlo

OwlScoop.com Editor
Oct 1, 2001
As of now, I've been told that the Military Bowl, the Birmingham Bowl and the Independence Bowl are all still in play for Temple. At one point, it looked like the Owls were headed to the Independence Bowl, but it would have been a rematch with Boston College, and the ACC is actively trying to avoid that.

Temple made a presentation to the Military Bowl. Again, remember that bowl is run by a committee and is not ESPN-owned. The Birmingham and Independence Bowls are ESPN-owned are therefore more matchup driven. The goal remains to play a Power 5 program. Believe it or not, one of the possible matchups could be against Georgia Tech in the Birmingham Bowl.

So speaking of the elephant in the room, I've heard no credible information about Geoff Collins and the Georgia Tech opening in terms of whether or not he's interviewed there or been contacted for an interview. One source I spoke with about this said the notion that Collins is "pushing" for the job could be a bit exaggerated, that it could be the agent pushing - and that's the agent's job.

Both Kyle and I have been told by various sources that Georgia Tech Athletic Director Todd Stansbury, a former Yellow Jackets linebacker, has a fair amount of decision-making power on this hire and could be inclined to do what he wants. So if he does indeed want someone with NFL experience with ties to the program like Adam Schefter reported, then that could be a good thing for Temple, which could be on the verge of capping off a very good recruiting class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News