ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone met Dr Wingard yet?

Miketb31

Gold Member
May 1, 2012
Just curious if anyone has met him or talked to him about college athletics yet? Being an athlete at Stanford you have to think he has a finger on the pulse with this kind of stuff. I know from the University standpoint people will say he has more important things to deal with, but I really think he will need to be aggressive with conference realignment. Especially having a retired head basketball coach pretending to be an athletic director.

He has to understand that clamoring to get into a conference like the ACC will increase applications, TV revenue, branding, etc. Correct me if i’m wrong but I feel like temple probably has a better relationship with the ACC than any of the other big conferences.

My guess is the ACC wishlist is something more along the lines of; Notre Dame, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, TCU, or UCF. I still think Notre Dame stays independent, UCF will probably get blocked by Florida state and Miami. Then I’ve heard of other rumors where the Big10 could add a team like Clemson but who knows.

Who knows. All of this sucks. Back to the title of the thread, I was just curious if anyone knows any of his feelings towards athletics other than just speculation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News