ADVERTISEMENT

C&W OBSERVATIONS

freemzy

Oct 3, 2001
Romond Deloatch was playing left defensive end today. He looked pretty good.

The three freshmen LBs, Shaun Bradley, Chapelle Russell and Daishaun Grimes looked really good to me. All three had huge hits on RBs. Bradley looked especially talented. He really leveled Travon Williams on a run play with about 5:50 left in the game.

Frank Nutile really looked good at times. Had that nice 70-yard TD pass to Keith Kirkwood. And another nice TD pass on a fake and then a rollout to TE Alex Carling. Logan Marchi looked like Donovan McNabb, throwing a lot of balls into the turf. P.J. looked ready.

Jager Gardner and Ryquell Armstead really looked good. Fast, big, strong. Great runs by both. I'm real pumped about them.

Josiah Bronson and DeAndre Kelly are big dudes. I hope they can make an impact this season. Actually, they have to make an impact this season.

It was great to see RS freshman safety Jeremiah Atoki, coverted WR Derrek Thomas and RS freshman CB Kareem Ali in the defensive backfield making plays.

I thought CBs Nate Hairston and Artrel Foster looked good. Ditto for Sean Chandler and Delvon Randall at safety.

RS freshman DE Jeromy Reichner from West Catholic looked good at defensive end.

RS freshman TE Jake Robinson made a few nice catches, especially one that almost hit the ground in which he made a great grab.

Adonis Jennings, Marshall Ellick and Kirkwood looked good. Brodrick Yancy was back at WR today.

Walk-on RS freshman LB Mike DeFrancesco from Neumann-Goretti had a nice play, picking off a pass.

Walk-on Jordan Jones started a center, with Leon Johnson at RT and Dion Dawkins at LT, with Brian Carter at RG and Semaj Reed at LG. Brendan McGowan played LG for a bit, but he had a big cast on his right hand, so I'm guessing that's why he wasn't at center.

I could go on, but that's just some of the stuff I saw. It was great how the incoming recruits were introduced at halftime. I thought that was great.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News