ADVERTISEMENT

This is just a bad team

adthomas

Nov 27, 2011
One characteristic that all bad teams have Is that they find creative and diverse ways to lose. Temple has been blown out, they've lost on last shots, they've given up large leads, and they've just flat out quit in some games. Think of any way a team could possibly lose a game, and Temple has lost a game that way this season. They've lost to good teams, they've lost to bad teams, and they've lost to mediocre teams. The only pattern is that this team loses more than it wins (especially in conference). Moreover, this team just has this awful tendency to go extended periods of games without making a shot while looking aloof and lost and without a sense of purpose. The lost against Memphis didn't happen because of the last 3 point shot; it was lost when most of our players checked out offensively for half of the second half and the coach had no solution. Nate Pierre Louis gave the team a chance, but without his efforts, the Memphis game would have turned into a blowout.

What's more puzzling is that I've seen less talented Dunphy teams play much better than this team and with more heart and consistency. I think this team has lost confidence and I truly believe Dunphy doesn't know how to fix the problem. Offensively I have no idea what the strategy is to help create a more competent offense. Something has gone disastrously wrong these last 5 seasons and Dunphy is obviously most responsible for this trainwreck. He's either recruited mostly players with weak motors or he is incapable of motivating his players to play more consistently and up to a higher level, like what we have seen from Nate Pierre Louise this year. I question whether NPL will come back with the same fire next year as it seems Dunphy drains the life from players.

I'm also so sick of hearing Dunphy is a good guy. Not once have I heard him publicly take individual responsibility for things that have gone wrong with this program and in individual games. He constantly uses the weaselly word "we" while finger pointing to his players ups and downs. He's not as stand up a guy as people think.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News