ADVERTISEMENT

Temple offers 2017 Western PA lineman

MattVender

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2016
Temple extended an offer to 2017 Montour (Pa.) lineman Mason Cholewa on Wednesday, according to his Twitter page. The Owls are the second school to offer Cholewa, joining Syracuse.

"I know that Temple has great academics and a football program on the rise," Cholewa told OwlScoop.com.

A 6-foot-6, 255-pounder, Cholewa is being recruited by recruiting assistant Adam DiMichele, who reached out on Wednesday with an offer.

"He just congratulated me and told me that they like my film," Cholewa said of his conversation with DiMichele, who starred at quarterback for Sto Rox High School in Pittsburgh. "They like that I can play multiple positions too."

Cholewa, a McKees Rock, Pa. native (suburb of Pittsburgh), said that his preference is to play on the defensive line, but he's open to playing on the offensive side of the ball as well. He plays a combination of defensive end, defensive tackle and offensive tackle at Montour. It should be noted that Syracuse, which was the first school to offer, is recruiting Cholewa as a defensive lineman.

In addition to his offers from Syracuse and Temple, Cholewa is also receiving interest from Arizona State and Pittsburgh.

Temple's last recruit out of Montour High School was defensive lineman Tyler Haddock, who signed with the Owls in February 2013. Haddock never enrolled on 10th and Diamond, then ended up at a Junior College in Iowa and signed with UAB last month.

According to MaxPreps.com. Cholewa had 25 total tackles (four for a loss) as a junior. Montour finished the 2015 season with a 6-4 overall record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News