ADVERTISEMENT

Information on College Game Day...

Tannhauser

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2002
South Hawthorne area of South Philadelphia
Folks, I sure don't have conclusive information on this issue, but I thought I'd start a thread where concerned people could share.

What I've been told:
Most of us have heard there will be 40 buses going from Main Campus to Independence Mall. This begins at 4:45 and could accommodate upwards of 1,500.
I spoke to a Park Ranger on the scene as to whether the Parks Dept would let folks sleep there overnight to which he responded "I open that building first thing every morning and there's tons of people sleeping on the mall. That ain't gonna change now." Off the record, again, they're expecting by park work hours at 0730, 5,000, well inebriated students, alumnae, and well wishers. Sounds like a fair showing, but running approximate numbers, at a standard density of 4 people per square meter, it could accommodate ten times that (just shy of 60k), so Parliament, if you're on the fence, step it up.

Seventh Street between Walnut and Market should be closed to parking due to construction.

Septa's 5th Street Station is serviced by the El ALL WEEKEND LONG, 24 hours a day and runs every 20 minutes. The Broad Street line also runs 24 hours.

Reactions: Bear Jew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.