ADVERTISEMENT

Preferred Walk-ons

Kyle Gauss

Assistant Editor
May 28, 2009
Here's the list of Preferred Walk-ons for the Class of 2020 that I've been able to confirm have enrolled at Temple. I'll add any more I come across.

William Leyland - K/P Souderton (PA) - Likely will start off as a punter for Temple. Averaged 39.3 yards per punt for Souderton last year. Was named First Team All State on PFN's Coaches Select team. Also was selected to the Big 33 Classic, which was cancelled due to COVID-19.

Rory Bell - K/P Wilmington (OH) - First Team All Region by a number of outlets at the punter position but will likely start off at kicker for Temple. Has posted videos on twitter showing FG range out to 65 yards off a tee. Rated as the No. 2 kicker by former NIU/Cincinnati kicker Andrew Gantz's Game Winner Kicking service. Named National Kicker of the Week by First Star Football Report after posting a Week 5 line of 4/4 XPs, 1/1 FG (41 yards) and 6/6 touchbacks.

Mariano Valenti - QB St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)/NIU - Transfer quarterback from NIU, where he was on scholarship. Originally committed to Rod Carey's program over a handful of other MAC offers. 2-star recruit by Rivals. Bit of an interesting high school career, as Valenti was a 2x All-Conference QB in Michigan before transferring to St. Thomas Aquinas in Florida, where he was a backup.

Magnus Leon Geers - TE La Salle College (PA)/Switzerland - Originally from Switzerland, Geers came stateside to play for LaSalle his senior year. Chose Temple over walk-on interest from Syracuse.

Mathenge Mwangi - DB Haverford School (PA) - Played wide receiver and cornerback alongside Temple signee Daiyaan Hawkins at The Haverford School.

Samir Gardner - DB Haverford School (PA) - Played running back and safety for Haverford school, alongside Hawkins and Mwangi. Likely a safety at Temple.

Kamal Gray - QB Pope John Paul II (PA) - Threw for 2,744 yards, 38 touchdowns and just eight interceptions as a senior for PJPII. Also ran for 620 yards and seven touchdowns. Son of Kamal Gray of The Roots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News