ADVERTISEMENT

How much of 2020-21 season....

Melly

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2002
.....should we take into consideration when looking forward to this season.

TempleJ's comment about Houston being in the Final Four last year - and my comment that it seems like decades ago - got me thinking [pause to insert comments, wise guys].

I really can't take much of last season into consideration as a real gauge of Aaron McKie's ability as coach.

I've tried. I can't.

Yeah, the record was meh (Those of you who want to substitute "abysmal" there, feel free). But I keep thinking about the losses to WSU and Cincinnati being close.

So much of the season was scrambled. Yes, it's the coach's responsibility to have them ready for the way things roll and sudden changes, etc. But there is a certain point where it becomes ridiculous.

As I have said here before, people I know who know basketball like Hicks and Miller. I trust their judgement.

As I also have said here before, I saw White play during both his junior and senior years at Wildwood Catholic. I will go to my grave saying that the reason there was no hype surrounding him, was that he had no AAU season between his junior and senior years. The injury that kept him out of Temple's season last year also kept him out of that AAU season. It seems to be finally repaired as it ought to be.

I truly believe the team will be competitive this year, win more than its share of games and maybe make the NCAAs. No less than the NIT.

And certainly not as rocky as things were last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News